China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Djokovic facing career crisis point: ‘I don’t know if I’m going to play on grass’ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours With Alvarez free to fight once his six-month suspension ends in August, the two rivals had been expected to fight again in September.However, Alvarez’s promoter Oscar De La Hoya said plans for a September 15 rematch had fallen through after world champion Golovkin demanded a 50-50 cut of the purse.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“He’s stubborn and wanting 50-50 and it’s not going to happen,” De La Hoya told ESPN about Golovkin. “The Canelo train has left the station.”De La Hoya said Alvarez would now likely fight Daniel Jacobs instead in September. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations “I can’t say he won’t be Canelo’s toughest fight. He might be tougher than GGG.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial View comments Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina FILE – Boxer Gennady Golovkin poses during a news conference at Microsoft Theater at L.A. Live to announce the upcoming rematch against Canelo Alvarez on February 27, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images/AFPCanelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin’s negotiations for a rematch have collapsed following a dispute over the proposed purse, ESPN reported on Tuesday.The two fighters had been due to fight each other in Las Vegas in May before the middleweight bout was canceled after Alvarez failed a drug test.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? “So there’s a deal on the table for Daniel Jacobs to fight Sept. 15 against Canelo,” De La Hoya said.“Daniel Jacobs loves the fight and we love the fight as well. So we’re just moving forward and making sure that Canelo has the toughest dance partner possible for Sept. 15.”Golovkin and Alvarez fought to a controversial draw in their first meeting in September last year.Jacobs meanwhile gave Golovkin a stern test when the two fought last year, with Jacobs taking the champion the distance in a bruising 12-rounder.“Jacobs gave GGG a run for his money a lot of people thought that he won,” De La Hoya said.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /www/wwwroot/shyllm.com/wp-content/themes/hotelflix/inc/breadcrumb.php on line 252