Cuando bajas a la Champions juvenil a un jugador por el que el City ha pagado 7 millones pasa esto. Patrick Roberts: pic.twitter.com/JxVSDBsw6F— A. Gabilondo (@AS_AGabilondo) September 15, 2015//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Patrick Roberts Patrick Roberts is tipped for big things, and it’s easy to see why.The Manchester City youngster, who left Fulham for the Premier League leaders in the summer in a deal that could rise to £11m, has illustrated why he is rated so highly with a fine goal for the club’s Under-19s.Roberts didn’t make the cut for the senior side’s Champions League squad this season, but his goal against Juventus in the UEFA Youth League will almost certainly catch Manuel Pellegrini’s eye.Watch the goal below – shades of Lionel Messi? 1
- No Comments on Arsenal and Liverpool-linked striker insists he is happy at Juventus
- Posted on
1 Alvaro Morata Arsenal and Liverpool target Alvaro Morata has cooled talk of a return to Real Madrid.The frontman has hit three goals for Juventus this season – including two in the Champions League – and has become a fans’ favourite in Turin.The Spaniard, who turned down a move to Arsenal before joining Juve in the summer of 2014, has a clause in his contract which allows Real to take him back to the Bernabeu.But the 22-year-old – also said to be on Arsenal and Liverpool’s radar – would prefer to remain in Italy for the time being.“What the papers say about there being a buyback clause for me to go back to Real Madrid is true,” Morata told Radio Marca.“However, some things are more important than clauses and a person’s happiness must be considered.“If we win the Champions League final at the San Siro then I will walk back to Turin.”
- No Comments on Alan Pardew bemoans refereeing decisions after Crystal Palace denied win at Everton
- Posted on
1 Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew claims referee Craig Pawson denied his side all three points after a 1-1 draw with Everton at Goodison Park.Romelu Lukaku cancelled out Scott Dann’s opener in a frantic finale on Merseyside as both top-four hopefuls maintained their impressive starts to the season.Palace felt aggrieved not to be awarded a penalty when Gareth Barry appeared to haul down Mile Jedinak, and Pardew felt the incident should have been obvious to Pawson.He said: “We still almost won and, but for a couple of refereeing decisions which, in my opinion he got wrong, we could have won it.“Sometimes you can win when you perhaps don’t deserve to and that could have happened if those decisions went our way.“I think it was obvious from where I was standing that [Jedinak’s] shirt was being pulled, but the referee and linesman didn’t see it, which I was surprised at.”The result leaves Palace sixth and just two points behind London rivals Tottenham. Alan Pardew
- No Comments on Is there a more intimidating ground than Anfield? Games with the longest winless away runs
- Posted on
2. Tottenham Hotspur ended a 43-game winless run against Liverpool at Anfield in January 1985 – Spurs win at Anfield in the 1984/85 season was their first since 1912. Gareth Crooks netted the winner on Merseyside, just days after Tottenham had lost to Manchester United at White Hart Lane. The north London outfit went on to finish third in the First Division, level on points with second place Liverpool. 4 1. West Ham ended a 44-game winless run v Liverpool at Anfield in August 2015 – The Hammers put three past Liverpool without reply at the start of the season to end their winless run at Anfield that dated back to 1963. Manuel Lanzini, Mark Noble, who was later shown a red card, and Diafra Sakho got their names on the scoresheet. Philippe Coutinho was also dismissed in a game Slaven Bilics men dominated from start to finish. 4 4. Ipswich Town ended a 33-game winless run v Liverpool at Anfield in January 1995 – click the arrow above, right, to see three games featuring the longest run without away wins – Adam Tanner scored the winner against Liverpool, in what was The Tractor Boys first ever victory at Anfield and their opponents first home defeat of the 1994/95 campaign. The result was a blow to the Reds’ title hopes, and they went on to finish fourth, 15 points off champions Blackburn Rovers. 4 4 Stoke City may have been dumped out of the League Cup, but their 1-0 win in 90 minutes at Anfield ended a lengthy winless run away from home.Despite losing the tie on penalties, the Potters’ won the game and saw the streak, stretching back 36 games, come to an end.With this in mind, talkSPORT looks at the top four games to feature the longest runs without an away victory in all competitions – and they all have one intimidating stadium in common.Find out the clashes by clicking the yellow arrow above, right. 3. Stoke City ended their 36-game winless run against Liverpool at Anfield in January 2016 – Before their victory over 90 minutes at Anfield, the Potters had failed to beat the Reds away from home for 36 games. Out of Stokes 67 meetings on Merseyside since 1895, in all competitions, they have been victorious on just three occasions. Their last victory at Anfield was in the 1958/59 Second Division season.
On the latest Up The League show, Geoff Peters chats to former Charlton boss Chris Powell.Wolverhampton Wanderers star Dave Edwards joins the show, along with Steve Hodge and Kevin Watson, while there is plenty more news from around the Football League too.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! By City News Service The pilot of a two-seater stunt plane made an emergency landing Friday on the sand in Seal Beach, police said. The emergency landing occurred around 11 a.m. on the beach between 12th and 13th streets, said Sgt. Bob Mullins of the Seal Beach Police Department. The 1996 Extra 300L two-seater lost power while flying over the ocean near the beach, he said. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The pilot was able to glide the airplane onto the beach with only minor damage to the plane, and no injuries or property damage was reported on the ground, Mullins said. Because it was a weekday, the beach was not crowded, giving the pilot room to land. However, the landing was a close call for one beachgoer, who said she was sunbathing and listening to music with earplugs when she heard a loud noise, opened her eyes and saw one of the plane’s wings go over her head. The plane’s passenger said he was given the flight on the stunt plane as a birthday present. He said the pilot was doing acrobatic stunts over the ocean and was about to return to Fullerton when the engine started sputtering.
Grillitsch in action for Werder Bremen 1 West Brom are considering an approach for Werder Bremen ace Florian Grillitsch this summer, according to reports in Germany.Grillitsch, 20, has impressed for the Bundesliga strugglers this season and will turn his attention to moving to the Premier League should Werder get relegated.Tony Pulis is interested in landing the playmaker, according to German outlet Fussball, but could face competition from his old club Crystal Palace.Grillitsch’s contract with Werder expires in 2017 and with the player showing no intention of renewing his current deal, the German club are likely to want to cash in on him this summer.West Brom and Palace have both sent scouts to keep an eye on the Austrian in recent weeks and the two clubs could enter a bidding war in the summer.
1 Zlatan Ibrahimovic just cannot stop scoring.The 34-year-old took his tally for the season to 41 goals, hitting a brace against Caen in PSG’s 6-0 win against the Ligue 1 side.The first was an impressive long-range strike after 10 minutes, which handed the French champions the lead.Ibrahimovic’s second was PSG’s fifth, converting a lovely first-time attempt into the back of the net after Layvin Kurzawa sent a perfect cross into the penalty area.You can watch Ibrahimovic’s brace below… Zlatan Ibrahimovic hit a brace in PSG’s 6-0 win
- No Comments on Tottenham now into 7/4 to snatch title after stunning win against Stoke – Coral
- Posted on
Coral’s Dave Stevens joins the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast to round up the latest sporting odds.Tottenham thrashed Stoke 4-0 on Monday night to close the gap on Premier League leaders Leicester to five points.They are now into 7/4 to snatch the title, while Leicester are still odds-on to take the trophy but have moved from 1/5 to 4/9.Coral is the official betting partner of the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast
1 John Collins (right) is following manager Ronny Deila out of Celtic John Collins is following Ronny Deila out of Celtic, the assistant manager has revealed.A day after helping secure a fifth successive league title, the 48-year-old said he is leaving at the end of the season, with a trip to St Johnstone and the visit of Motherwell to come.“I came with Ronny, so it’s only right I leave with him,” Collins said, adding: “A new manager will come in and bring his own staff with him.”Collins played for Celtic between 1990 and 1996 and returned to the club as assistant to manager Ronny Deila in 2014.