France coach Didier Deschamps insists he cannot have two left-footed defenders at centre-back in his team following Aymeric Laporte’s shocking claimsSince arriving from Athletic Bilbao in last January for a club record fee of £57m at Manchester City, Laporte has become regarded as one of the best defenders in Europe.But the 24-year-old surprisingly continues to be overlooked by Deschamps for France with the likes of Kurt Zouma and Mamadou Sakho getting the nod instead.This led the uncapped Laporte to make a stunning accusation against Deschamps by claiming it’s personal last week.But the former Juventus boss insists his decision was based purely on footballing reasons.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“I do not understand [why Laporte made those statements]. I do not know,” Deschamps told RMC Sport.“I do not have a problem with anyone. When I choose someone it is not for me. I repeat. I only have one thing to say to him and that is that he continues to perform well.“If you tell me he must be in [Marseille centre-back Adil] Rami’s place then I stop you right away.“Sorry but two left-footed defenders at centre-back at international level… We have a lot of left-footers and few right-footers.”Laporte, who’s played every single one of City’s Premier League games this season, will likely start in today’s clash against Crystal Palace.
Now playing: Watch this: 22 Photos Hacking NASA Comments NASA will explore a hostile space rock for New Year’s NASA revealed a hack on Tuesday. Omar Marques/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images NASA on Tuesday disclosed a data breach involving current and former employees’ personal data.The space agency discovered that one of its servers was compromised on Oct. 23, it revealed in an internal memo posted to Spaceref.The server included employees’ personal info, including Social Security numbers, but the agency doesn’t know if that data was stolen. NASA is working with federal cybersecurity partners to figure it out.”Those NASA Civil Service employees who were on-boarded, separated from the agency, and/or transferred between Centers, from July 2006 to October 2018, may have been affected,” Bob Gibbs, the assistant administrator in NASA’s office of human capital management, wrote in the memo. The agency doesn’t believe any of its missions, which include the InSight lander’s work on Mars, were compromised by the breach.The memo doesn’t mention why NASA waited nearly two months to inform employees, but our sister site ZDNet (which previously reported on the memo) noted that US law enforcement regularly asks hacked organizations to delay notifying potential victims during an investigation.”NASA takes cybersecurity very seriously and is committed to devoting the necessary resources to ensure the security of agency information and IT systems,” the agency said in an emailed statement, which also noted that it’d provide identity protection services to those potentially affected.Back in August, the US State Department suffered a data breach that exposed some employee data.First published at 3:08 a.m. PT.Updated at 5:55 a.m. PT: Added NASA statement.NASA turns 60: And it’s reinventing itself for the SpaceX era. CNET’s Holiday Gift Guide: The place to find the best tech gifts for 2018. 5:16 2 NASA InSight lander rocks its journey to Mars: A view in pictures Tags Share your voice Security Tech Industry