Juventus reportedly study various ways to lure Paul Pogba back to Turin, probably in the next summer transfer windowThe 25-year-old star has spent five years at the Allianz Stadium where he established himself as one of the best midfielders in Europe.Still, the tall Frenchman has decided to return to Manchester United where he started his football career. During his 3-year spell at Old Trafford, Pogba became a cornerstone of Red Devils’ midfield along with Nemanja Matic.However, a recent argument with Jose Mourinho seems to have made a negative impact on the France international.Ever since Mourinho has announced he won’t be handing the captain’s armband to his headline performer, Pogba’s displays have dropped notably.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…Currently unhappy with his life in the Premier League and nostalgic about his time in Serie A, Pogba allegedly thinks of making another switch.According to the Italian publication, Calciomercato, Juventus Sporting Director Fabio Paratici hopes to capitalize on current Pogba’s situation to bring him back to Italy.The EPL giants have already expressed their interest in two Bianconeri players, with both Alex Sandro and Medhi Benatia ending up in Mourinho’s crosshairs.Therefore, Paratici plans to offer both defenders to Manchester United, hoping it could soft Red Devils to renounce Pogba’s services to resolve their defensive problems.Although no timeline for a potential deal was mentioned, it seems most likely that the transfer would be completed in the summer unless the reigning Serie A champions find a reason to push for a deal in January.
France coach Didier Deschamps insists he cannot have two left-footed defenders at centre-back in his team following Aymeric Laporte’s shocking claimsSince arriving from Athletic Bilbao in last January for a club record fee of £57m at Manchester City, Laporte has become regarded as one of the best defenders in Europe.But the 24-year-old surprisingly continues to be overlooked by Deschamps for France with the likes of Kurt Zouma and Mamadou Sakho getting the nod instead.This led the uncapped Laporte to make a stunning accusation against Deschamps by claiming it’s personal last week.But the former Juventus boss insists his decision was based purely on footballing reasons.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“I do not understand [why Laporte made those statements]. I do not know,” Deschamps told RMC Sport.“I do not have a problem with anyone. When I choose someone it is not for me. I repeat. I only have one thing to say to him and that is that he continues to perform well.“If you tell me he must be in [Marseille centre-back Adil] Rami’s place then I stop you right away.“Sorry but two left-footed defenders at centre-back at international level… We have a lot of left-footers and few right-footers.”Laporte, who’s played every single one of City’s Premier League games this season, will likely start in today’s clash against Crystal Palace.
Despite the visitors losing 3-0, Manchester City defender Kyle Walker was impressed with their performance and believed the game easier when Willy Boly was sent off.Wolves have built a reputation of producing big results against the Premier League top sides, but Monday night’s trip to the Etihad proved too big a task for them.Nuno’s side went one man down in the 19th minute after having gone behind thanks to Gabriel Jesus’ 10th opener.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.Wolves lost the game 3-0, but Walker thinks the result might have been different if they didn’t go down to ten men.“I haven’t seen the incident, but obviously it’s a bit easier when your opponent goes down to ten men but to be fair to Wolves, they gave it a good go and we were probably fortunate to win by three goals,” Walker told the club’s website.Manchester City are now four points adrift of league leaders Liverpool and will Huddersfield Town on Sunday.
KUSI Newsroom Protesters gather outside the newly opened Target in Ocean Beach 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A small-format Target opened its doors last week in Ocean Beach on Newport Ave.The new addition angered many OB residents and business owners who are worried the chain will put an end to small businesses. Others are concerned that it takes away from the unique atmosphere of OB.A group of protesters gathered outside the retailer last week to show their opposition and voice their concerns.Supporters of the store’s opening believe it will draw more people to OB, who will then feel encouraged to support the area’s local businesses, as well. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter July 28, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, Posted: July 28, 2019
This week, Queen Sofía of Spain saw first-hand the power of soy fighting malnutrition in Guatemala when she visited World Soy Foundation (WSF) partner Futuro Vivo. As part of their nutrition program, Futuro Vivo produces soy milk, soy cereal and other soy products that the organization provides to the over 250 children it serves. The World Soy Foundation has donated soybeans to Futuro Vivo and continues to support them in their efforts to reduce malnutrition. According to the World Food Programme, Guatemala has the fourth highest rate of chronic malnutrition in the world and the highest in Latin America; 49.8% of children under five suffer from chronic undernutrition. In partnership with Rotary clubs in Guatemala, WSF is proud to support Futuro Vivo’s efforts to use soy to reduce malnutrition in the country.Queen Sofía of Spain takes a look at the various soy products produced by Futuro Vivo.To join hundreds of other farmers in reducing malnutrition through the power of soy, simply calculate the value of an acre of soybeans in your operation (yield multiplied by price) and give the gift of protein today!Make your donation by clicking the Donate Today button below, visiting www.worldsoyfoundation.org or sending your check to: World Soy Foundation; 12125 Woodcrest Executive Drive, Suite 100; St. Louis, MO 63141.The World Soy Foundation is a 501c3 charitable organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Start Bidding Now!Even if you are not able to make it to Anaheim this year, you still have the chance to bid on our Live Auction items online! Click here to log in and view the items being offered this year, including:100 hours usage of a Gleaner S9 & Header from AGCO100 hours usage of a Steiger® Rowtrac™ 470 from CASE IHJohn Deere Gator XUV835M Utility VehicleKubota Z400 Series KommanderPRO Zero-Turn MowerShur-Co® 4500 Series HD Electric Tarp & SMART3™ RemoteCardinals Game in the Monsanto Suite at Busch Stadium
At least one Vancouver landmark was out of view Sunday, submerged as the mighty Columbia River continued to swell.The river’s level was at 16.9 feet on Sunday evening. It could drop slightly today because of controls at Bonneville Dam, said Dave Elson, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Portland.“They (Bonneville officials) have to weigh how much water is coming their way. … I don’t think they have too much capacity for holding water at this point,” Elson said.On Sunday afternoon, Bonneville officials were releasing 500,000 cubic feet of water per second, which was a reduction of 10,000 cfs from earlier in the day, Elson said. The dam is about 40 miles east of Vancouver. Factors in the river’s level include snowmelt in the far interior of the Northwest and rain that is in the forecast, Elson added. Showers are expected through Friday in Clark County.For the next few days the river level is expected to be 16.5 feet to 17.0, Elson said.“I’ve never seen it this high,” said Hazel Dell’s Luke Lupas, 30, as he gazed at the river at Marine Park. He was on a bike ride with his wife, Andrea Lupas, 32, and they decided to get a close view of the river.
A 47-year-old man remained in critical condition Saturday from life-threatening injuries he sustained when a vehicle struck him as he crossed Northeast Highway 99 on his bicycle late Friday in Hazel Dell.The Clark County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as Kurt Ludeman of Vancouver after his family had been notified.Ludeman was crossing west on Northeast Highway 99 near the Northeast 102nd Street intersection at about 8:30 p.m. Friday when he was struck by a 2001 Mazda MPV minivan driven by Jill Johnson, 47, of Vancouver. Ludeman was transported to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. Alcohol and speeding do not appear to be factors in the collision, according to the sheriff’s office.The case remains under investigation by the Clark County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit.Paris Achen: 360-735-4551; http://twitter.com/Col_Trends;http://facebook.com/ColTrends;firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Kevin Kolb lost his job, then helped the Arizona Cardinals win their season opener.Kolb replaced injured John Skelton and led Arizona on the deciding touchdown drive, throwing 6 yards to Andre Roberts for a score with 4:59 to play, and the Cardinals held on to beat the Seattle Seahawks 20-16 on Sunday.Aided by two pass interference penalties, Seattle drove to the Arizona 4-yard line in the final seconds. But rookie Russell Wilson threw three straight incompletions and the Cardinals held on.Adding to the confusion, Seattle called a timeout with 30 seconds to go when it appeared it had none remaining. Two plays earlier, the Seahawks had a player hurt and should have lost their final timeout in the process.But referee Bob Hermansen announced to the crowd that because the clock had stopped on that play, no timeout was taken from Seattle. Therefore, the Seahawks still had one to call when Carroll called it.After the game, Hermansen issued a statement saying he had made a mistake.“It was my error,” he said. “We gave them (the Seahawks) the additional timeout because of the incomplete pass stopping the clock before the injury occurred when, in effect, the clock has no bearing on the play at all, whether it’s stopped or running. We should not have given them the additional timeout.”
EUGENE, Ore. — Jordan McDonald wears his on his right leg, Grant Jensen wears his on his left.And McDonald, at 24, is twice as old, so his prosthetic leg is longer than the new one just fitted for Jensen, who is still a rambunctious 12-year-old. But what the two share runs much deeper than which leg they partially lost to an uncommon form of cancer.McDonald has become part big brother, part adviser, part guide to Jensen as he fights a sometimes-aggressive form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma, which is most often seen in children and young adults. McDonald recently treated the Jensen family — Grant, his 5-year-old sister Claire and his parents, Erin and Tyler — to a weekend of fun before Grant was scheduled to start another round of chemotherapy.Grant’s prognosis is uncertain. The cancer has spread to his lungs and his parents are cautiously hopeful that chemotherapy will stop it, but as with most spreading cancers there are no guarantees.“One thing I tell them is just live your life,” McDonald said on a recent Saturday as Grant tried out a sporty luxury car during a tour of MercedesBenz of Eugene, where McDonald is a mechanic. “The treatment will take care of itself. There’s not much you can do about that.”McDonald, who lives in Halsey near his parents, was 18 when he found out a week after his high school graduation that the pain he’d been feeling in his right knee was osteosarcoma. The diagnosis was like a rock falling in a still pond, roiling what had been the typical, quiet life of a rural family.
WASHINGTON — A 50-percent plunge in the price of crude oil, resulting from abundant global oil supplies, and cheaper gasoline at the pump raise critical questions about whether the Keystone XL oil pipeline is still needed or even makes financial sense.Oil prices always have been volatile, and both the pipeline company and the oil refiners and producers that would use the pipeline expect prices to rise and plunge throughout the project’s life.When Keystone XL was first proposed in the fall of 2008, for example, oil was in the midst of an even bigger plunge, from nearly $150 a barrel to below $35, and the global economy was collapsing into recession.Opponents will use lower prices to argue that the pipeline now could pose a greater threat to the environment than originally thought.Higher prices assumedLow oil prices could make the pipeline more important to the development of new oil sands projects in Canada than anticipated by the State Department, which is conducting the environmental review, and therefore is more likely to increase emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases linked to global warming.The review found the pipeline was not likely to exacerbate global warming, but it based that conclusion on higher oil prices.At such prices, producers can afford the higher cost of transporting oil by rail or other means and still make a profit.At low oil prices, they might decide only to expand drilling if they have an inexpensive way of getting the oil to market.The price of oil closed at $48 a barrel on Friday.Proponents say that during periods of low oil prices, the pipeline is more important because oil companies would otherwise have less incentive to deliver what they say is important oil from a reliable source to U.S. refiners on the Gulf Coast.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Fans took to the streets after Ohio State’s football championship victory early Tuesday, yelling and screaming in delight, setting nearly 90 fires and in the case of a few, tearing down an Ohio Stadium goal post. A few injuries were reported.Police made a handful of arrests after using tear gas and pepper spray to disperse crowds of Ohio State students and other fans following the Buckeyes’ win.Officers on foot, on horses and in cruisers patrolled the main drag through campus after midnight Tuesday, when revelers spilled out of bars near the campus to celebrate the university’s 42-20 win over the University of Oregon in Dallas.Thousands converged on the Ohio State football stadium, where police turned most of them away. Most headed back to the bar area, where cruisers lined the street and officers limited pedestrian and vehicular traffic.Fans tore down a temporary goal post used for high school games on the south end of the Ohio Stadium field, said university spokesman Dan Hedman.
MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. (WSVN) – A Central Florida business is hard at work trying to clean up Florida’s “algae emergency.”Workers of Ecosphere Technologies, a company that develops environmental solutions, are using a machine to “eat away” the algae that has plagued waterways along the Treasure Coast in recent weeks.“You smell the burning sensation, and it’s just horrific,” said Stephen Leighton with Ecosphere Technologies. “We destroy very tough bacteria strains, as well as algae levels within various types of water, so we’ll be processing roughly approximately 4,000 gallons a minute in this area for the next few days.”The algae, which has accumulated into a thick, green sludge that resembles guacamole, has made water activities impossible in Martin County. This is especially troublesome during the summer months, where children and families rely on water recreational activities to cool off.To top it all off, according to officials, the algae is toxic to both humans and wildlife.Although the task at hand isn’t an easy one, Ecosphere Technologies is no stranger to environmental challenges.“We’re gonna eradicate it. We’re gonna detail it out,” said Corey McGuire of Ecosphere Technologies. “And like I said, I think it’s a new day for Martin County. We’re gonna move forward and get this squared away.” The company will be working throughout the next few days on the project and hope to be rid of the algae at the marina by next week.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A building in Southwest Miami-Dade was evacuated Wednesday morning.7Skyforce flew over the scene, where people believed to be doctors and nurses could be seen standing outside in their scrubs.Fire rescue crews were dispatched to 6110 S.W. 70th St., at around 6:15 a.m.At this point, the reason for the evacuation is unknown.Please check back on WSVN.com and 7News for more details on this developing story.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MIAMI (WSVN) – Police have shut down Northeast Second Avenue at 29th Street in the City of Miami after a truck driver slammed into a concrete pole, causing a power line to come down.Miami Police officers responded to reports of the single vehicle crash, just before 2 p.m., Monday. They found the base of the pole had fractured as a result of the crash.Two hours later, 7Skyforce HD hovered above the leaning pole.Police shut down Second Avenue between 29th and 31st streets out of a concern that the pole could fall down.Florida Power and Light crews responded and worked to repair the downed power lines.It remains unknown whether or not there has been any loss of power in the area.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享This upcoming weekend the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge will be celebrating its 76th Anniversary. Leah Eskelin with the Refuge: “The whole time we will have family friendly activities in our multi-purpose room.” Festivities include a wild-game chili cook-off starting at noon, fun family hands-on activities and a guided snowshoe walk at 1 p.m. Story as aired: http://www.radiokenai.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Jennifer-on-KNWR-Anniversary.mp3 The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge was first established as the Kenai National Moose Range in 1941 to protect moose. In 1980, the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA) changed the name and purpose of the refuge. The Refuge is one of over 500 units in the National Wildlife Refuge System, a 150-million acre network of lands and waters set aside to help conserve the nation’s fish and wildlife heritage. To celebrate the Refuge will be hosting an Open House at the Refuge Visitor Center on Ski Hill Road in Soldotna.